Monday, October 14, 2013

A Congratulatory Message and Shadowing Week

Today, the newest group of trainees that arrived 2 months ago swear-in as official United States Peace Corps Volunteers.
I know the feeling of excitement because it didn't feel like long ago when I was doing the same. I just wanted to post a quick congratulatory message to all the Bots 14 trainees and say that finally PST is over and the real fun begins! Congrats to all of you!

Also, current volunteers hosted "shadowees" (trainees) last month to show them a taste of what village life and volunteer life may be like. I had the pleasure of hosting Molly last month and it was so great getting to know her. She's from Washington and it was fun hearing her stories. She's very easygoing and we have some things in common. I showed her what it was like in Hebron, a very small village. We visited my school and she introduced herself to one of my classes, met my kgosi (village chief), played lots of card games, watched a whole season of New Girl, cooked food that she couldn't get at her host family's, looked at stars and tried to find the Southern Cross, and visited other shadowees and volunteers in my region. I had a lot of fun and am happy for her new journey. Congratulations Molly and good luck at site! We will need to play rummy again and make all kinds of good food like we did shadowing week. Also, I'm still undefeated. Just wanted to remind you. haha 

Ice cream! Cause I only give the best. Haha
             What I do best...EAT!
   Grilled chicken with creamy, cheesy mashed potatoes. Thanks girl. So good.



No comments:

Post a Comment