Saturday, August 17, 2013

First week of Term 3!

Hi!

School has begun again for the last term of 2013! 

It has been crazy hectic for me - planning events, awaiting answers from non-profit organizations I partnered with back home,  and just getting back into a routine. I have to say, volunteers weren't lying when they told us that once we hit that year mark, it's going to go by so fast because of how busy we get. Hell, this first year flew by for me. (Can you believe next month marks a year in-country?! Crazy!) 

I've been so productive since school started and I'm proud of that! Here are some things I have planned:

•Hosting a Guidance and Counseling Workshop for the teachers
•In charge of the in-school competitions this term
•Facilitating fitness classes
•Partnering with non-profit's back home
•Weekly health talks
•Starting PACT (Peer Approach to Counseling by Teens) club again
•Member of the Fundraising Committee
...and so much more!

As you can see, I wasn't playing around with goal-setting this term. I feel as if I've been gone for medical or vacation stuff and that I haven't been as productive as I wanted to last term so I hit the ground running this time around. It feels pretty good. :)

During this first week I've managed to amaze myself with my culinary skills (pasta and red curry my mom would be proud of!), join my cluster's badminton team (I practice everyday!), decorate my kitchen and make it feel like home, bathe and do laundry because I've had water for five whole days now, and get charged in "court!" haha I'll explain...

So I will try to keep busy but still hope to manage the blog. Now that I can from my phone, (I love you blogger app) I will make it a point to do my best and keep you guys in the loop. Enjoy the pictures!

Pretty flowers blooming in the trees in Winter
New an improved kitchen
This hot water bottle was the best R39 I've ever spent. I sleep with this lil guy every night.
Ready for badminton practice!
Don't take water for granted
Okay, so the fundraising committee hosted an went in which all the teachers were charged for some ridiculous thing. We all had to appear in "court" and explain ourselves. We all were charged different amounts and could even ask for a "lawyer" for an extra charge. I played my part well, argued my ass off, and my initial charges were dismissed...only to find out I was charged another P20 for not addressing the court in Setswana! haha It was a really fun way to raise money for the students and I'm glad the teachers participated and are investing in the students, giving back to the school. The kids ha a great time and so did we. So much fun!
These kids are the best. They walk me to school and cheer me on when I play badminton (even though I'm the worst player. Haha) So cute.
Best spaghetti I've ever made.

A red curry dish my mom would be proud of. :)


1 comment:

  1. YUMMMMMMMMYYYYYY!!!!!!!! Love it! Keep it up! -V

    ReplyDelete