Sunday, August 18, 2013

Feeling Great at 28!

Never in my life did I think that, at 28, I'd be in Africa helping people and doing what I'd want, career-wise. Nor did I imagine living alone in a country far away from home.

I've done a lot of things that have surprised me and things that I have come to be proud of. I'm volunteering in an unfamiliar place, keeping my mind open and welcoming and living life one day at a time. And it feels amazing.

Yesterday I celebrated my 28th birthday. I surrounded myself with friends who I've become close to and people who I learn so much from. I was surprised with birthday cake and ice cream and balloons. I also got my first Sanrio goodie bag that I've gotten in 20 years! (Thank you Liz!) I made sure to eat some type of noodles since that is a tradition in my family (symbolizes long life). I met new people. I relaxed with friends. I danced and sang with a five-year-old in the back of a car.

It was a very simple and relaxing day. And it was perfect.

Thank you to everyone for all the love and birthday wishes! I love you guys.

Regina, I love you lady! Thanks for everything!






P.S. Cape Town trip is booked for Christmas and New Year's with some of these lovely people! South Africa, I'm coming back for you!




1 comment:

  1. Sanrio!!!! LMAOOO!!! Aww..you look happy! I'm so glad! Happy bday again! Love you and miss you! -V

    ReplyDelete