Thursday, April 16, 2015

Play Ball! - LAD v STL


I love a good baseball game on a nice evening - sun setting, breeze in my hair, and cool air on my skin. I can't say I'm the biggest sports fan but I do tend to enjoy live games - cheering, singing, and dancing are always fun. I would much rather go to an actual game than watch it on a TV screen. I was so excited for the Dodgers game yesterday!

Yesterday was the first Dodgers game I attended, not only for this season but, in three years! These baseball games in Los Angeles remind me of Trenton and all of our adventures we used to take in the city before I left for Africa. It usually ends up being an all day adventure with lots of eating and strolling around Los Angeles before getting to the game. I love it. So I was super excited when his friends planned a game for us on Jackie Robinson Day!


This picture cracks me up. This guy was hilarious walking up the stairs, purposely trying to photo bomb my picture! ^
Our plans to eat before the game fell through but I didn't really mind! Although Trenton was a little bummed that his surprise didn't work out (I know now! :p) I couldn't stop thinking about the infamous garlic fries at Dodgers Stadium, not to mention the nachos and ice cream and other really bad food that I enjoy at games. :) With me being sick all week and trying to get over the flu (the flu won't stop me from watching Ethier!) it was a nice venture out, mid-week. Plus, did you know that garlic is a natural decongestant? The more reason to eat those tasty garlic fries - my favorite! We parked at Union Station in Patsaouras Plaza, took the Express bus straight to the stadium, and got dropped off right in front of the gates. Because it was Jackie Robinson Day, we all got #42 jerseys and I actually really like it. Even though it's a little big on me I felt like I was channeling those Sandlot days and finding my inner Benny "The Jet" Rodriguez in my gear. He's so dreamy. haha We even had time before meeting his friends to look in the club store and eat some food. (Thanks for my hat Bub!) I haven't seen his friends in a long time so it was nice to hang out, eat, and sing/cheer/dance to the three-second musical opportunities they give you at baseball games. haha Dodgers ended up winning (woohoo!) and it turned out to be a great night. Can't wait until the next game! (hint, hint Mikey)

Us in our Dodgers gear!
We had way more food but those garlic fries though... mmm.


No comments:

Post a Comment