Monday, February 16, 2015

Thailand 2015 - Part II: Bangkok

After spending a few days in Phuket, we came back down to Bangkok to spend the rest of our time there. Because we really just explore when we're in the city, we don't do much but just be with my dad and walk around and take lots of free buses when we can. Sometimes Trenton and I will go wandering on our own and that's always fun. Honestly, I think it's really fun exploring a city. Even if I've been there before, there's always something new I learn about it and more beauty to discover. We were excited to see more things this time around like day/night market locals, Muay Thai fights, and public parks. It was a very relaxing holiday for us.

I have to warn you, there are a lot of pictures in this post. You'll see how different it is in the city as opposed to the south.

Hualamphong Train Station

New Noodle House opened | "Long Live the King"
fresh crab | a lot of siting and talking in Thailand

ferry ridin' to get to the other side of the city across Chao Phraya River

I don't even like coconut but man... yummy!
CentralWorld - high-end mall

I think my dad likes when I come around because I take him to Burger King. haha

schoolboys
street food - always worth the wait


^Trenton hanging off the bus like a true Thai, not even scared.
This famous restaurant has been opened since 1909! Of course we had to get duck mouth here.
Lumphini Park

Som tum (papaya salad) | Pad Thai koong (shrimp Pad Thai) | A literal ice cream sandqich! haha

Best buds in the city
traffic - more people than LA


getting ready to fight | pre-fight rituals | ouch...
my dad on facebook in the background...aye.

Bringing the 90s back | Buddies dining at Sizzler!

Late-night, bus-riding adventures

Like I stated in Part I of these Thailand posts, I really enjoy visiting Thailand. It doesn't matter that we don't spend money and go on tours every day. It's nice to see people in their culture, living the way they do. I'd recommend Thailand to anyone. Go for the food, the poeple, the beaches, the city...just go. Experience it and tell me what you think. You may not be biased like I am but I guarantee you you will find it interesting and beautiful in all of its ways.

*Daddy, if you're able to read this and learned how to use "the google" by now, then I am very surprised but proud of you. haha Can't wait to see you again. Remember, don't talk to strangers on facebook. Until next time! Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment