Sunday, November 30, 2014

Thanksgiving and All It's Meals

Thanksgiving was well spent with my friends and family this year. Of course I had different meals with different people and Thanksgiving almost always becomes a week-long (or more) event. And of course I never mind that. This year was wonderful because I had all my loved ones at home and obviously because I AM HOME. :) It was nice to be with my sister and my mama, the Amaro and Garcia/Trowbridge families, and my dearest friends that I got to see this past week. I haven't even mentioned all the delicious food that filled my belly but here are pictures...


Friendsgiving started way early this year. KBBQ!
On Thanksgiving Day the Amaro and O'Connell families met in Claremont for the annual 5K Turkey Trot tradition. I'm happy I finally got to be a part of this tradition. It was fun and tiring and I realized how much of a runner I am not! haha (Thanks Tare, for jogging with me even though I held you back!) After that Trenton and I drove up to the mountains to Mountain Lakes in Lytle Creek. We spent the day with some of his family and had a yummy lunch followed by fun and games in the most beautiful Autumn setting. So pretty.


Pre-trot
Post-trot
Same Turkey as the one in Claremont!
Thanksgiving meal at Abuela's and Thanksgiving meal with my mama and sister. SAME DAY, two hours apart! 
The best homemade Indian food from my second family (aka best friend's parents). 
YUMMY food eaten with our fingers. And yes, we need 4 different types of ice cream.
I love it when I facetime with the best friend! Sorry we're eating and you're not! :( Miss you V and J!
I can't even count the number of meals I've eaten with different people this week. There are some pictures I left out and I know I've seen a lot of my friends recently. It's crazy how much someone can take for granted. I am very thankful for my family and all my friends for the love and support they continue to give me. It has been so real seeing them after being away for two years. I am thankful for Trenton who continues to love me and pushes me to be a better person. I am thankful for change and opportunity. I am thankful for rain and hot showers. I'm thankful for life and love. And of course, warm food in my belly. Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Continue to be thankful for the small (and big) things in your life!

1 comment:

  1. FML!! I'm hungry and I just had bfast >_< It makes me so happy to see how much a part of T's family you've become. It says a lot about you and them, as people! SO for the lame stuff now: nana's shirt(HAHAHAAA's)! annnnnd we would be the silly ones in the pic...T's busy eatting and J has the "I quit" look...heheee I miss you! -V

    ReplyDelete