Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Update

Hey family and friends.

I've been busy with tedious work applying for a grant for another GLOW camp. This will probably be my last one in my service but I think it could be great! It will be an all boys camp that focuses on gender based violence. The worst part of GLOW camps is trying to fund them. This time around I took the lead and learned that applying for grants is exhausting. I am applying to get help from the United States President's Emergency Plan For AIDS Relief. If all goes well, I might just get us about $6-7000 in funds! Please cross your fingers as I have been stressed for the past week trying to convince them of why I should get the money and constantly reviewing my budget to make sure it fits the criteria. What a headache...

In other news, as a gift to myself after submitting the grant, I will be going to Mozambique! Mozambique is in eastern Africa and has some very beautiful beaches. It is becoming more popular nowadays and I hope to see what this little gem has to offer before it becomes the next top tourist destination! This may be one of my last trips in Africa so I am sad but also excited. I wished so much to travel to lots more African countries but I only have so many leave days. Oh well, I don't regret anything!

Today I read this article that really resonated with me titled, "Date A Girl Who Travels." I don't know why but I really love it and think it is worthy of everyone's time. I can relate to so much of it and love that the author pinpoints exact things that I have experienced and felt. Click here to read it. I think you should.

Hope to update again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment