Sunday, October 20, 2013

Dear Diary,

I've been thinking a lot lately. Of what I will do when I get back and in my future. I have just a bit over a year left into my service and I've really been thinking about grad school and career choices, living situations, and a family of my own. It's really difficult to plan my life when I'm planning for a future that is unknown, and I'm over here on the other side of the world. Even though it's cliché, life really does pass you by. I really am a different person at 28 years than I was at 22 or 23 years. I've grown a lot and I continually learn things about myself and what I want. I think about things differently and things I used to stress about, I realize, are trivial. I don't regret anything, I know that. Life is crazy though. I genuinely love what I am doing with all its frustrations and I can't wait to be home, in America, to start a different chapter. These are just thoughts. Thoughts that have occupied my mind a lot lately. I guess what I want to say to myself is "I am ready!" I'm ready to take on the second year of my service and try to make the most of it and I am also ready to say, when it's over, it was a great part of my life and I am ready to start another great adventure, with family and old friends.

3 comments:

  1. We will be here to help in any way we can. We're so proud of you.
    Shelley and Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww..*snif*!!! Proud of you!!! Miss you a lot and can't wait for you to be back on the same continent!! Love you! -V.

    ReplyDelete