Sunday, June 16, 2013

Daddy

Bangkok Suvarnabhumi International Airport, Thailand 2008

Today and everyday I celebrate my father. Although I see him every 4-5 years, the memories that I have of him are good ones and happy ones. I don't get to see him as often as I'd like but I know that our love is reciprocated. He didn't have the easiest life and I wish I could change that but he has always been strong. I miss him everyday and every birthday, when we are to make a wish on candles, I wish that he is happy and healthy. I wish he was with me and as I get older I realize that my expectations are not realistic. I just wish he knew how much he has impacted me and my life. He wrote me a letter once, from Thailand, and in it he said that he wanted me to have a good education and a good life, to do good things for people and to have an honest job that I enjoy. He said that doing these things and raising a family that he could possibly meet one day would let him live life and die happy and be proud.

So daddy, you probably won't read this but everyday I hope to make you prouder and prouder. You gave me words of wisdom I will never forget and here's mine: Don't be too hard on yourself and don't let the past hurt you. Forgive yourself and others. Keep exercising. Stay healthy and strong! Even though many things didn't go as planned, I hope you enjoy and make the most of life.

I can't wait to see you in February. We both know 5-6 years is too long. I love you and miss you beyond words.

                                                                    Happy Father's Day daddy!  
                                                                                   xxxxoooo

No comments:

Post a Comment