Sunday, May 5, 2013

Maun! (finally)

Okay, so I don't have enough space to put up all the pictures from Maun but this is plenty, I hope. I went to Maun in the last week of March and it was beautiful. Maun is known for the Okavango Delta that you see in Disney's Earth and the animals that inhabit that area. It was so beautiful and have been the most relaxing weekend I've had since being here. I actually felt like I was on vacation! People from all over the world come to Botswana for the safaris and they pay big bucks for it, too, so I was glad that I was able to get ridiculously amazing prices for lodging and two safaris! I even had a basket weaving class on Easter Sunday and that was so fun! (That counts as making Easter baskets, right?) We booked with Backpackers and it is supposedly one of the cheapest ways to go in most countries. We did a safari on land, safari on water, and met lots of cool people all over the world. We conversed with people from England, Scotland, Germany, America, and different African countries. My favorite part of traveling is the interesting people you meet along the way. I hope to visit Kasane, which really big for Botswana's tourism industry. One of my goals was to see Botswana and all of Africa and I'm on my way! Currently planning trips to Namibia and Mozambique in the new future. But really, looking forward to New York in July to see Trenton and my best friends. Ahhhhhhh, can't wait! I hope you enjoy the pictures!









































4 comments:

  1. So excited for you to be having fun adventures like these. And happy to be living vicariously through you too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's so beautiful in Africa! I'm glad you're enjoying the pictures and following me! :)

      Delete
  2. You look so happy!!! The pictures are amazing!!!!

    <3 Kat

    ReplyDelete