Wednesday, January 7, 2015

A Good Start to 2015

Two things are making me very happy right now and I felt the need to post about it. Let's start with the first:
Today I got a job. Like, a real "big girl" job. 

It's been a few months from returning from Africa and I have been searching for jobs every day since (no exaggeration here)! I'm not one who can sit at home all day, every day, and not be bored. Don't get me wrong, I love a good stay-at-home-and-relax-all-day kind of day once in a while but I've worked multiple jobs since I was 16 years old and I can't help but feel unproductive when I'm not working. I need change and adventure in my life! After weeks of feeling discouraged and being sad, even after Trenton and family would tell me to stay positive, I finally got two replies. Every one said that I should give it after the New Year to get some callbacks but I didn't believe them. Well, they were right and I am so glad they were.

I will be a Behavioral Interventionist and will be getting trained by professionals for a company that works with clients with ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) and other developmental disorders. I am so excited to be getting this opportunity to work with this population. I've worked with diverse populations so I am even more excited to learn more about ASD and work with children. I can't explain how grateful I am for this. Hoping to learn lots more and love what I do!

The second thing is that I'll be seeing my family in Thailand again, with Trenton! This will be our first time on a flight together and I am elated! Every time I visit Thailand I am usually in the city because my father lives there. This time around Trenton and I will be taking a few days away from the city, by ourselves, to see Phuket and the small, surrounding islands! I am too excited! The beaches in Thailand are beautiful and I've always wanted to see it and I am finally going to...and with Trent! I can't think of a better way to start the year.

 Hoping you all are having a good start to 2015 too!

No comments:

Post a Comment