Wednesday, November 5, 2014

A Date at Norton Simon and Coolhaus

It's been months since I've posted, I know. I actually didn't know whether to continue with the blog since it was initially started for family and friends here, at home in America, to follow my adventures in Africa. I've decided to keep it going as long as I could, without any promises. haha Because I have reliable internet and better editing tools now, I know it will be easier to update and I hope to make this blog as nice as I know how to for family in different parts of the world and friends who are also in different countries, whom I've met during the past two years. I hope this will be a way to let all of you in on my life, as simple or exciting as you may perceive it. Honestly though, since I've been back, there hasn't been anything too exciting. haha If I posted about what's been going on in my life from when I got back from Botswana two to three weeks ago, the only thing you'd be seeing are different types of food and hot showers. No joke. So I will continue to take pictures of my life but I cannot promise you how exciting they'll be. Especially since I've been back - it's been an overwhelming, emotional, confusing time for me. But it's good to be home.

Today Trent and I made it our day. Just us and nobody else. I've been trying to see everyone I could possibly see these past couple of weeks I've been home and as much as I love all my family and friends, it sometimes gets a little overwhelming because it's like I've been by myself (for the most part) for the past two years in a rural village with unreliable transportation and BAM! Home to traffic, pollution, people, choices, bills, stress, etc. No offense, if I've hung out with you know that I am absolutely grateful and cherish those times. I just need some time for myself, that's all. 

So anyway, today Trent and I got into the car, went to one of our favorite cities in California, Pasadena (we hope to live here one day!), and enjoyed an evening walking in the sculpture gardens of the Norton Simon Museum. I really love the days we used to explore when we both had days off and well, because I've just gotten back and haven't started working yet, I have a lot of those! haha We walked around the museum and saw some cool art and ended the night at Coolhaus, a yummy ice cream place in Old Town. It was simple and perfect and a great reminder of how happy I am when I am home and with Trenton.














*FYI: I did not get the Brown Butter Candied Bacon Ice Cream. I know, I can't believe it either.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are keeping this going. Perception is a thing of beauty: makes me nostalgic, seeing what will always be the place I "grew up" in, through your eyes. I love you a lot and miss you so much more! Coolhaus has a truck here, in DtD. The hunt is on!! -V

    ReplyDelete