Monday, October 28, 2013

Another List.

Not much happened this week but since I promised to try to be consistent on my updates, here are a few things that brought a smile to my face this week:

  • Quantic and Anita Tijoux's remake of Lauryn Hill's, Doo Wop (That Thing)
  • Seeing Trenton and my daddy in Thailand together in my dreams (February can't come fast enough!)
  • Finally watching The Perks of Being A Wallflower and it brought me back to 1999 when I was a freshman in high school and I first read it (Loved the music too)
  • Agreeing to volunteer at the first annual Botho Arts Festival in the capital in December (I'll be playing games with the kids while they wait to paint what compassion means to them. Music, food, crafts, dancing, and games...should be fun!)
  • Not freaking out when I saw a huge camel spider, and this other bug that was the size of my palm, in my house
  • Lightning and thunderstorms that lit up my sky and brought music to my ears
  • Being a cheap-o and saving all of last months allowance to prepare for December, where I'll be away for pretty much the entire month! (Hey Livingstone and Cape Town!)
  • Eating a big spoonful of Nutella and not feeling bad about it
  • Having water for that one day of the entire week to wash clothes, clean, and take a bucket bath
  • Dancing in my living room like nobody was watching except somebody was watching and that was awkward, which in turn, brought a smile to my face
  • Watching my students teach me aerobics for the weekly classes I'll start teaching to the staff, (Shelley, did you get my email?)
  • Putting a Coca Cola can in my "freezer" and enjoying it as a "slurpee"
  • Messaging my sister on WhatsApp (Hey hoochie!)
  • Anticipating the 5 packages that will be on their way! (You guys are the greatest.)
  • Using my latrine in peace (Poured cooking oil down there so it has been mosquito free!)
  • Playing Mahjong on my computer and winning...twice! (I could never successfully complete it!)
Love you and hopefully I will have more to share. If not, you'll be getting a lot more of these lists. haha

1 comment:

  1. Shelley got your email, actually I got it on my apple email. Surprised cause that mailbox is seldom used. We will reply with great info by weeks end.

    Love You

    ReplyDelete