Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Happy, fun thoughts.

A beautiful day yesterday, in Brooklyn.

Trying to keep things light-hearted and fun so my positive energy doesn't go away. Things that have made me happy this week.


  • Thank you to Mary Spencer (and her cousin Kate) for this!


      "Envision the struggles that the most frustrating people have. Their best nature is not allowed to come out,                because of what they live within and what they have been given. Focus on the inherent good in everyone, and remember that every bone-headed thing they do is not really who they are. Focus on love for what's behind all the dysfunction. And remember to start, and end, with yourself. When you slip and curse at people, or think awful thoughts, remember to love yourself. That stuff is not who you are. It's the world working on your spirit. Your spirit is love. So is theirs. Meditate on that, and keep coming back to being kind to yourself. Even when everyone messes up."


  • I also saw this on a facebook post from a fellow PCV. So funny. 


                How A Volunteer Puts It Gently. haha

Trenton dressed up for date night (<3) and I'm just...being weird again.
Trenton has always liked wolf pups. I never really had pets. Now I want a wolf pup. Adorable.

  • Planning to see a show on Broadway. I vote Lion King, Wicked, or Motown: The Musical. The only other musical I've seen was in 2008 in NYC and it was West Side Story. My friend and I got front row center and I almost cried. I played the music for West Side Story in Middle School and loved it so being able to experience it front row and center, on Broadway, in New York was the greatest thing, ever. So excited for my next Broadway musical! Here is a list of what's on Broadway, currently:

                           Current Broadway Musicals

  • Excited for this. (Thanks for the recommendation, Weston!) 

The Little Owl: home of the best bacon cheeseburger IN THE WORLD! (We'll see about that)

This week was weird. Felt great, felt bad, felt good again, and now I feel like crap. I'm hoping it'll go away. But there is a lot to look forward to no matter what happens. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment