Sunday, August 19, 2012

It's hit me.

For a while everyone would ask me if I was scared, nervous, or excited to leave, every time I saw them. I'd always reply with, "no, not really" or "It really hasn't hit me yet." Well, these past few days...it hit me.

Trenton's sweet parents hosted a Going Away/Birthday get-together with friends and family yesterday. I've been really excited and looking forward to it all month and it turned out really great. Trenton's sister, Taryn, did a lot of the decorating and did such a good job with the decorations - globes, maps, etc. Not to mention she was in charge of all the games. (Thanks Tare! =D )The nerd in me loved the trivia games and all the other games that were played like "Pin Botswana." Also, Kelle, Trenton's brother's girlfriend made these awesome little cupcakes that were pretty damn cute, too. (Thank you!) The house looked beautiful, the weather was beautiful, and the love I felt all in one day could only be described as... beautiful.












So after a fun day of eating, sharing, dancing, and enjoying the company of people I love, it's hit me. I won't be seeing all of these lovely faces for a very long time. I will miss Trenton and miss all my family and friends so much. This is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do and will probably be the hardest thing I'll ever do in my life. Each and every person who was there last night has made an impact in my life, every single person, and some others who were not there as well. I couldn't help but get choked up when people were wishing me well and saying their goodbyes. When my two best friends (in the world) made the sweetest toasts, I just couldn't hold it in anymore. Just having my mom, my sister, my cousin, and my aunt there at the same time made me feel like a young child at "home" again. Tonight I talked to Trenton and I couldn't help but get emotional. We talked about us, about people, about life, and about the future and he assured me that everything will be okay. Because it WILL.

And while thinking of that it hit me...I have the very best friends and family a girl can ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment